Wednesday, August 18, 2004

"Tharnaka Special...."

It was my fault. I shouldn't have started from office when the rain has just stopped. That too when i have to cross the silk board junction and reach home. Silk Board junction in Bangalore has now become more famous and crowded than Times Square in Newyork. I knew it was going to be like that. But Alas! My hunger got better of my intellect.... And i got caught in the traffic jam.

My enticer was sandwitched between a monstrous truck and a college bus. A.P.S. college of engineering, it read. I raised my head and looked in...hoping to catch glimpse of some college chicks. Uff!!! no use...competes with the Atacama desert in dryness!!! Pitied those guys sitting in the bus.

This reminded me of my college bus in Hyderabad. It was a complete opposite situation. This college bus of mine started in my 2nd year BE. Bus number 6M/120 was converted in to Moulali HB colony - Ibrahimbagh college special. People started calling it "Tharnaka Special".

This bus route had all the beautiful girls, specially the first years. Me staying near the starting point of the bus, had the best chance of grabbing a place in the front rows...close to the girls... :)
And with ragging strictly banned in college campus, the college bus was a god's gift!!! What else could give daily 2 hrs of un-controlled fun...!!! With the junior cuties doing what ever you want them to do...

All the guys in college wanted to travel in this bus only. We, "tharnaka special" guys have become the envy of guys in other routes. They all have started searching for rooms in this route. Rents for student accommodations zoomed up in this route...!!!

We enjoyed this journey for the next two years also. Thats something quiet unforgettable. I made so many friends, read so many books and more than that had so much fun. All, Thanx to the "tharnaka special".

Sorry for digressing. Bored you people with this nostalgia of mine. But nothing sweeter than college life....Ohhoyyy....me again!!! Let me stop here and not go in to that nostalgic mood again....!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home