Thursday, September 16, 2004

Thanking BCDPS.....!!!

It was sure not my mistake. I was riding my bike with perfect traffic sense. And with a mind full of noble thoughts. Infact i was looking around for a girl who missed her office bus and getting late for her early morning meeting, so that i can help her by giving a ride on my bike.

Then came this guy on a bike zooming past me with his sister on the pillion (whenever i see a guy with a pretty girl on his back, i think that she is his sister. Just not to spoil my sanctity by getting jealous). God!!! Pretty she was. I raised the accelerator to catch up with him. Soon i was traveling parallel to him with my head turned 90 degrees to the left.

I tried hard to focus on the road, vehicles and other trivial things. It was hard. I wanted to tell him to give his helmet to her. Atleast then i thought i will be able to concentrate on my ride. So i started getting close to his vehicle(No other intentions like having a close look at the girl).

It all happened then. The Bangalore City Department of Potholes and Slush (BCDPS) raged havoc. Apparently they have deployed some of their workforce there. With all my attention focused on a pretty attraction, i had very little consciousness of the road. And the front tyre of my bike landed in a pothole filled to brim with rainwater.

The girl on the bike, observing me for quite sometime by now, giggled out loud. Alas! but that didnt last long. As i told already, i was pretty close to them and the splash of the rain water found a pretty place to land !!! It was all over her face and the dress. This brought me back to my senses. My instincts of survival took control and i finally looked at that guy.

He looked like a villain in a Chiranjeevi movie who sports a t-shirt of horizontal stripes and a red ribbon around the head. I realised the need to escape. I zoomed up furiously. But that guy also started chasing me with a vengeance. As my bike is a cruiser which is not a very good one for this kind of activities, there was nothing much i could do except for praying god. He was about to catch me.

Then came the rescue in the form of BCDPS again. It was my chaser's turn now. And this time it was even a deeper pothole with lots of slush. And his bike stopped. Gracious God!!! I just looked at her for one more time and zoomed away!!!

I thanked god and reached office safe. By the time i reached my cube, the telephone was ringing furiously. For a moment i shruddered with the thought of that guy finding out my number from the office sticker on my bike. I lifted it anxiouly...

"Good Morning Sir! This is from ICICI Bank. An exculsive offer for employees of your organisation only. We are offering free credit cards....."

For once, i was glad to receive this call!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anu said...

I must ask you which part of Bangalore is it where you can zoom on a back, as far i can remember with all the traffic rushes, 20mph is the fastest.. btw did u manage to good look at the gal..in the midst of this

20 September, 2004 04:48  
Blogger hUmDiNgEr said...

hmmm..now i know why all the pillian riders ( esp gals ) r wearing Helmets .....

20 September, 2004 21:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... i know how good ur traffic sense is... overtaking buses n lorries from left... ya one thing i have to say.. u always think big :)... n look what happens if u have noble intentions once in a while.. poor gal.. moral of the story - nothing good can happen when u r around.. no matter how good ur intentions are ... he he he.. ok kidding. :)

21 September, 2004 01:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Sriram. Better luck next time with the BCDPS :)

Jahnvi.
http://absolutelyanonymous.blogspot.com

23 September, 2004 01:40  
Blogger hari said...

Hi Sriram,

I am Hari from chennai. I think you missed a nice chance. You should have let the fellow catch you. May be his sister would have loved the way u made her colourful. Nowadays you never know what turns on a female. She might just have wanted to thank you and ask for a date.( Please do not mind female bloggers, this was meant just to protray your versatility of tastes.)

Thanks Sriram Do visit my blog at : www.harithehadron.blogspot.com. Looking forward to your comments.

27 September, 2004 01:59  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pretty funny blog....and Bangalore of course is City of dilapidated roads........You know why the earth quake never struck Bangalore...cos it already looks like it had one...LOL..

06 January, 2005 20:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home