Monday, September 27, 2004

Now...is that serious Buddy!!!

A perfect chaudhvin ki raath. The moon in full glory and the sensuous cool breeze treating my senses to sheer ecstasy. Add Mohd. Rafi to it entrancing me with mellifluous Deewana hua baadal...!!! Sitting in the balcony of my eigth floor flat, what i should be experiencing is nothing less than seventh heaven.

But what a pity!!! What i am experiencing right now is utter torture. Mental torture. Thats what i have been experiencing for the last one week. And i couldn't bear it anymore. So i have decided to post what ever i can.

Let me make things clear. I have a friend, whom i call up everytime after posting something here and ask for opinion. Though i have never been able to get a "Great Buddy!!!", things were not very bad till the last post. This is what happened when i called her up last time.

Me: Hello...
My Friend(MF): Hi.
Me: Dude! How was this last post of mine...
MF: Hmmm...OK.
Me: Just OK? Can't you give a better comment...?
MF: No, infact i am kinda irritated. No other topic for you...? Why do you always write about gals?
Me: Because i am straight. And not interested in guys...
MF: Shut up!!! Write something serious next time. Otherwise, just dont call me.
Me: But....
MF: thats it...(Click).

Thats about it My dear readers, from then onwards i am undergoing this pain. Thinking hard to find some thing "serious" to write about. For a guy like me, this is pretty "serious" indeed. But i was determined and started my endeavours.

I started like this. I went home and looked up the Dictionary for "serious". It gave two meanings:
1. Solemn. This is something godly, and i better be careful.
2. Important. Hmm...what is important to me. Gals...errr!!! I am there again.
So the dictionary was of no use and i was pretty disappointed.

I thought i will write about some of the "serious" people i know. For example, this girl in my office with a melancholous stride, whom i never saw smiling. But again, no gals right. What about this project manager of mine. An epitome of seriousness. But why take risk just for a blog!!!

I have been thinking this way for the whole last week and torturing my self. All in vain. Haven't even had a shave or combed my hair. Always lost in thoughts and hardly eating anything. And today when i was walking in my office corridor, lost in these "serious" thoughts, a colleague of mine patted me from back and said..."Any problem buddy! you are looking so SERIOUS these days.....!!!"

And that was the last straw!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger hUmDiNgEr said...

hwy...r nt u sure abt the gender of ur frnd??

using "her" sometime and "dude" someother time..;-)

is "it" a kinda "bisexual"????

27 September, 2004 22:28  
Blogger Sriram said...

ofcourse dude!!! "dude" is bisexual indeed!!!

You can check at dictionary.reference.com
dude ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dd, dyd)
n.
Informal: An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
Slang: Persons of either sex.

27 September, 2004 23:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is anything but serious... ok if it would make u feel any better, i would call it "seriously funny".. ok kidding.. hmm it was entertaining.. "serious entertainment" :):)

27 September, 2004 23:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude...!!! dont take anything too serious...ha ha ha...nice one this...

and ur readers seem to be more interested in the gender of ur friends than the content of ur blog...!!! Now, thats bad... :)

28 September, 2004 00:38  
Blogger hUmDiNgEr said...

hmm...according to Websters:

Main Entry: 1dude
Pronunciation: 'düd also 'dyüd
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
1 : a man extremely fastidious in dress and manner : DANDY
2 : a city dweller unfamiliar with life on the range; especially : an Easterner in the West
3 : FELLOW, GUY


Main Entry: 2dude
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): dud·ed; dud·ing
: DRESS UP -- usually used with up

Main Entry: dude ranch
Function: noun
: a vacation resort offering activities (as horseback riding) typical of western ranche.

it still beats me in what sense u used that word "dude " there...

hey Anonymous...yeah I need to be interested in the gender of his friends especially after being familiar with his nature ..pun intended....;-)))

but i think all of u missed the sarcasm in highlighting "it"... ;-)

28 September, 2004 02:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Off topic*
Do/did you have a T41 too? What happened? I am curious.

Back to topic,

Continue posting about whatever you like. Too many serious ppl around :)

Jahnvi.

29 September, 2004 06:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess surya is rite.
Sriram, probably you missed out on the 's'
dudes - Persons of either sex.
from the same source as yours.

And we do have dudette, don't we!
dudette - female version of 'dude'; cool girl
Webster's New Millenium Dictionary, 2003

Prian

04 October, 2004 23:32  
Blogger Anu said...

Hey... I like your blogs, the way they are.. if I wanted something serious, i could read about the Iraq war..so continue.. n it gives me a glimpse into the male pschye too

anu

18 November, 2004 22:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home