Saturday, October 02, 2004

My BlogDog is Waiting For You.....!!!

Yippeeee!!! The counter on my blog shows 950+ now and running fast for a kilo. I am pretty excited. Though i am not going to reveal the percentage of self hits, let me make it clear that they are not very substantial. In the sense that, they are well below 90%. Ha ha ha!!!

Any ways, this makes me very happy and I take this opportunity to thank all you people who made this possible. Some of the brazilians and japanese who landed on my blog through the "next blog" button may not be reading this as they never came back again. But i extend my thanks to them also. If any of you know spanish or japanese, please convey this to them by posting a comment here, "Sriram thanks you" in those languges. I thank you in advance for that!!!

And for that 1000th hit, i have big plans. Infact, i have planned for this well in advance. I have taken help of my Russian hacker friend Vladimirsky Gotanev, and created this special software. I named it BlogDog(Registered)!!! And i am embedding this software in to my blog now. What this can do is truely amazing. When that glorious moment comes, when the counter on my blog turns 1000, this software triggers itself automatically.

It then analyzes the IP packets and finds details about the 1000th visitor. It will trigger the webcam on my Russian friend's system to take a snap of this person and publishes that on my blog immediately. I dont have much details about this camera, but he assures me that he can take snaps of any person, any where in the world visiting my blog. Please dont ask me how this is possible, as i dont know Russian and couldn't understand the manual he sent for my reference. Then it sends me a report, giving all the details like Name, gender, location etc. of this visitor.

Here is a word of caution. For the next few days, If you are accessing my blog from home, please make sure that you put on decent clothing before accessing it as i dont want my blog to be listed in those X categories. Also, from now onwards, you may consider putting up a big smile on your face just before accessing my site. People may give a suspective glance on seeing you smile at the monitor, but a smile sure enhances your snap value!!!

But if you are accessing my blog from office and are apprehensive about your boss seeing your snap on my blog(afterall, such a famous one this), i have an idea for you. Just before accessing it, cover your face with both your hands and look through the gaps. If the counter is showing 1000, just hard boot your system using your feet. If the counter is not showing 1000, then you are safe and can browse through normally.

This is a kind of Beta testing for my BlogDog(Registered) and if it works fine, i am planning to float a company and market it as a Blog CRM product. I am sure it will be a big hit and even google may eventually buy it!!! And that can make me rich. Also, as a token of gratitude, i am planing to give a 10% share of this money to the 1000th vistor of my blog!!!

So if you are the 1000th visitor, you have so much in store for you. And what are you waiting for??? Put on your new suite, put up a big smile and start pressing F5....!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well dude, nice post!
made me F5 from 989 to 1001 :))
And btw ,mez not a girl :)

Prian

03 October, 2004 22:49  
Blogger Sriram said...

Ooops....dude!!! i just found a bug in the software and was about to apply a patch to it!!!
Sorry to say that none of ur details got recorded and snap was also not taken. so i cant give u ne share of my future money.... :))
now that it has crossed 1000, i need to re-write the logic of my code to make it work further... :((

and hey! thanks for the comment....

03 October, 2004 23:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmigawd, you dunt havta 'create' such excuses dude.
Both of us are straight, rite :P
Now that you've got those 1000 hits, rev up on your blogging. You've got some avid readers here !!!
And btw, happened to hit ur blog from the mad feline forum ;)
Prian

04 October, 2004 00:09  
Blogger Sriram said...

hey prian! posted a PM there.
thanx again....

04 October, 2004 04:28  
Blogger hari said...

Hi Sriram,
Congrats you made it 1000 so soon. I do not mind to look into the way u did it. But the fact is that u did it. Go ahead. And do u know any place where we can list our blogsite to attract friends

05 October, 2004 03:08  
Blogger Anu said...

Congrats!! I am just waiting for the 10,000th blog:) now help plz and let me know how to post some pictures on my blog:)
Anu

09 October, 2004 06:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home